It’s no secret that the Austin area has numerous absolutely beautiful locations for your new home, that’s one of the main reasons that it’s one of the fastest growing cities in the country. We could literally write a book about all of the fantastic cities within commuting distance to Austin, but today we’re going to take a look at one at the top of the list.
Custom home builders are creating generations of memories for families of all sizes in Marble Falls, Texas and there’s several reasons why. Whether you’re completely new to the state or simply looking for the perfect location to call home, you’re definitely going to want to take a couple of minutes to see everything Marble Falls has to offer.
Marble Falls is in Burnet County, has a population just north of 6,000, and is located right on the Colorado River in the middle of the beautiful Texas Hill Country just 58 miles from downtown Austin.
This little slice of heaven sits on the banks of Lake Marble Falls in the middle of the Highland Lakes area, the largest chain of lakes in Texas, and was founded on July 12, 1887 by General Adam R “Stovepipe” Johnson, followed by its incorporation on May 18, 1907. Just ten years later Marble Falls made history when they elected the first woman mayor in Texas, Ophelia Crosby “Birdie” Harwood, a full three years before women were even allowed to vote.
Lake Marble Falls sits between Lake Travis and Lake LBJ and while the falls for which the city is named are now underwater, they were submerged in 1951 with the completion of Max Starcke Dam and the creation of Marble Falls Lake, every few years the residents are treated to a view of this natural wonder when the lake is lowered for repairs. Additionally, there’s quite a few reasons why Marble Falls custom home builders are becoming so popular.
With an average temperature of 85°F in the summer and 55°F in winter, Marble Falls is home to some of the best weather in Texas. That feature definitely comes in handy for those wishing to explore the area’s approximate 150 acres of park land that is maintained by the Parks and Recreation Department or take advantage of either Whitman Branch or the Backbone Creek Hike and Bike Trails.
Partnering with a Marble Falls custom home builder means you’ll be close to some of the best Parks in Texas, including:
- Falls Creek Park & Skatepark — The perfect spot for a day with the family as it includes picnic tables, barbecue pits, a skatepark, a canoe-launch area, and restroom facilities.
- Westside Park — Located along Backbone Creek, Westside Park has a fenced dog park area, Ruff Park, picnic tables, restrooms, swings, two playgrounds, BBQ grills, a covered pavilion, a community hall, an 18-hole disc golf course, and even more.
- Lakeside Park — This Park has a swimming pool (closed for the season due to Park construction), grills, covered picnic tables, both a basketball and tennis court, boat ramp, restrooms, and the Lakeside Pavilion.
- Johnson Park — Located in the pecan shaded area where Whitman Branch and Backbone Creek flow into Lake Marble Falls, Johnson Park has plenty to offer the entire family with features such as: two playscapes, a softball field, beach volleyball court, three covered pavilions, picnic tables, grills, horseshoe pits, an Amphitheater, restrooms, and a hike and bike trail.
- Villa Vista Park — The city’s only developed neighborhood pocket park, a small park on small, irregular pieces of land, and while it is too small for physical activities, it does have a children’s playground.
However, Parks are just the tip of the iceberg for outdoor fun when you have a Marble Falls custom home builder create your new dream home. Your close to the largest chain of lakes in Texas: Lake Marble Falls, Lake LBJ, Lake Buchanan, Inks Lake, Lake Travis, and Lake Austin.
Who to Call For a Marble Falls Custom Home Builder
You want your new home to reflect your style and personality and when you partner with Zbranek & Holt Custom Homes, you get an award winning Austin custom home builder that ensures that every custom home is designed to meet the distinctive desires of our clients.
We have almost four decades of home building experience and in that time we have crafted our approach to the building business with our clients’ needs and desires as our top priority. We don’t build unsold speculative homes nor buy lots, we’re a full service design-build firm and when it comes to choosing a custom home builder in Marble Falls, we’re one of the best there is.
Contact us today and let’s get started on making those custom home dreams a reality.