There are a number of times when you will need to find a decent plumber. Perhaps you do not have any hot water, maybe there is a leaking pipe, or you might be having a bathroom or kitchen renovated. Whatever the reason you should take a little time to ensure you are hiring a licensed plumber Ocean County or anywhere so that you get reliable and trustworthy service you are happy to call back next time you need them. Here are 10 tips on hiring a plumber.
- Choose a company that can come out to you when it is most convenient for you and one who arrives as scheduled. Constantly late workers or ones that cannot come when it suits you should be taken off the list. Why you should you be waiting around for someone who is inconsiderate of your time?
- Compare prices and be guided by fair ones, not just the low ones. Some charge a standard fee for different jobs, some charge hourly rates. Understand their charges and compare them. Do they charge over time, are the rates different at different times?
- When they know the problem can they explain it to you? You might not be an expert plumber but a good one should be able to break down what is essentially wrong and how they are going to fix it.
- Do they offer a guarantee on their work? Plumbing Ocean County and elsewhere when done by a professional should have a warranty or guarantee on the parts and work. If they cannot offer that, look elsewhere. A good plumber will offer a good 24 months on any repair work they have done.
- Do they have a same day service? Often when you need a plumber you need them soon! No one wants to go days with no hot water, a dangerous boiler, or leaking pipes. It is always useful to have a licensed plumber Ocean County on call 24/7.
- Are they legal and insured? They should have a license for the region you are in, they should have the right insurance coverage and you should see and even take copies of both. In some case, the plumbing Ocean County needs a permit so ask about that too.
- Are they too quick to order in new parts or systems? Ask them directly whether there are any less expensive options like using a used part, or repairing something rather than replacing it. Professional plumbers are willing to consider this.
- Find one with a good 8 years or more of experience. They will have improved on skills learned, and also know little tricks to get around problems and will just be quicker in their work.
- Do they give you a bill with details on it? You should know exactly what you are paying for so tell them you want your bill to be detailed. Do they offer financing on larger bills? Some people need it, and some plumbers offer it.
When they leave the area they worked in should be clean and tidy. Have them state in the contract that they will clean up when they are done.