If you own or are the manager of a commercial building, meaning one that is used for business purposes, not a home residence, you need a commercial roofing company to take care of the maintenance and repairs. There will be a number of such roofers, experienced in commercial roofing not just residential. You want to find ones who have experience with different roofing materials, can handle the different shapes and larger spaces and can do the work quickly so your income is not affected.
What can a commercial roofing company do for you
There are a number of jobs a roofer can do for you to help take care of your building’s roof. They include but are not limited to;
- Checking the roof after extreme weather conditions – Strong winds, heavy snow, large hail, heavy rain can all cause roofing damage. Leaking, missing or loose flashing, surface damage and such. When the damage is caught early the roofer can fix it at a lower cost. Let things go unnoticed at they can turn into a larger problem that needs more money to fix.
- Carrying out regular roof inspections – It is important to take care of the roof and so a commercial roofer can carry out inspections twice a year to make sure it stays in great condition. Usually, they are carried out in late autumn and early spring.
- Looking for water damage signs – During their checks one of the things they will ask about or look for are stained ceilings, walls that are discolored and paint bubbling, or bulging. These are all water damage signs. When it gets bad window frames can become damaged and start rotting and mold can become a health concern.
- Clearing and cleaning the gutters – The gutters are an important system that takes away water from the building to prevent the above-mentioned damage. If the drainpipes and gutters stay clogged this prevents proper draining and leads to damage. Roofers will make sure these areas are properly cleared and cleaned at least twice a year.
- Dealing with overhanging hazards – Anything that overhangs the roof has the potential for causing heavy debris or damage to it. Things like trees, therefore, need to be kept trimmed and dead branches removed.
- Protecting the roof from hot days – Very hot days can cause damage and make inside the building very hot, which usually results in the air conditioning being turned up and energy bills going up. There are coatings that a roofer can use to offer better protection from the heat.
Investing in a good commercial roofer makes a lot of sense. If something big goes wrong with your roof that means no-one can use the building until it is dealt with, which can affect your income and any other people’s income who work in the building. Pay for regular inspections and stay ahead of the big repairs. It will give you peace of mind and save you money in the long term.